- My new favorite band. If you’ve been sitting down for more than an hour, maybe press play and stand up and see what happens.
- “It was more terrifying than facing the god of death.”
- “My mother destroyed all pictures of my father, for fear the family would get an image as leftists,” said Koh Chung-ryol, 57, who is convinced her 29-year-old father was innocent of wrongdoing when picked up in a broad police sweep here, to die in Sannae valley.
- McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds can’t even spell Obama’s name.
- Heir of Nazi profiteer fortune calls for Israel to reject those who resemble Nazi appeasers, with no sense of irony. Also criticizes Arab leaders for putting the domestic opposition in jail.
- Back home on the farm, Rove refuses to testify to Congress about the possibly politically motivated jailing of Democratic former governor Don Siegelman. Conyers threatens action.
- Pentagon announces a plan for a 60 million dollar, 40-acre prison in Afghanistan.