The Huffington Post reporst that the Intrade Prediction market has opened bets that Sarah Palin will withdraw from the GOP Ticket. They’re betting right now it’s an 18% chance. Why, you might ask?
- Time Magazine’s profile on her record as mayor of Wasila, which includes that she required the city managers to resign when she took office, as a loyalty test. In a town of 7000.
- The Washington Post’s Eugene Robinson points out that she is not anything like a reformer, and has misrepresented her record.
- Denies Global Warming while the North Pole becomes an island for the first time in history.
- New polls show McCain’s Palin choice has extended Obama’s post-convention bounce and not blunted it, as people get to know the real Sarah Palin and the real Obama on the same weekend. The Hotline/Diageo poll has Obama at 48% to McCain’s 39%. Obama’s lead over McCain doubled in that poll.
- Rasmussen, famously right-leaning, has reported Obama having the highest support ever in his bid for the presidency following the double-header of the Palin choice and his convention speech. He breaks the 50% line, with Obama at 51% to McCain at 45%, when the famous “leaners” are included.
- Republican Focus groups report finding Palin a gimmick, and are either unmoved or moved towards Obama.
- Bush and Cheney are alienated and enraged by McCain’s attempt to remove them from RNC.
That last one isn’t really about Palin but it’s good to know.