- One week after a column in which Bill Kristol threw Palin softballs designed to provide political cover for her embarrassing media moments, Kristol brazenly suggests McCain is being ill-served by his campaign and McCain fires back, suggesting Kristol is in the tank for Obama. This disagreement bizarrely breaks out after the McCain campaign takes on a version of a message Kristol first introduced in February.
- Even better, now we learn that insiders to the McCain campaign say Kristol was responsible for forcing Palin on them and they hate him for it.
- Meanwhile, Gail Collins and the commenters at NY Magazine agree: If you say you don’t know enough about Obama and McCain now, you just don’t read enough or watch the news.
- 7-11 Poll suggest an Obama landslide. While the McCain campaign ran after Joe Sixpack and now goes for Joe the Unlicensed Not Quite A Plumber, Joe Slurpee is planning on dancing at Obamapalooza.
- The Harry’s Bar Straw Poll when I stopped in Sunday night in Paris had Obama 52 to McCain 26. Overheard at the bar from an American woman in a Chanel suit as she paid the bill for her and her male companion: “I’m not voting for her just because she’s a woman. Come on. Give me something more than that.”
- Malcom Gladwell would like you to know not everyone writes their first novel (or their best one) before 30.